Bob Wild Lung Transplant Grants
The review process will take slightly longer (about two weeks) as we are bring a new volunteer up to speed. Thank you for your patience.
The Bonnell Foundation
P.O. Box 1215
Royal Oak, Michigan 48068
Applications will be reviewed (rotating deadline) as they are received by the Foundation’s Board of Directors. The review may include contacting the Applicant, the Applicants social worker, insurance company, and/or parents/guardian, and transplant center to verify information and clarify any questions. Once a determination is made, the Applicant will be contacted in person by a Board Member and receive a formal award letter in the mail.
Each award can be used to offset out-of-pocket post transplant costs not covered by your insurance or any other means for up to $3,000.00 maximum/total lifetime.
Allowable Expenses for Reimbursement:
- Round-trip travel to /from transplant center for post-transplant clinical appointments and post physical rehabilitation appointments. Mileage is reimbursed at $.14 per mile. (Every reimbursement request for mileage must include a confirmation of mileage through www.Mapquest.com)
- Daily parking costs (receipts required)
- Meals for the CF transplant patient only when traveling to/from clinical or rehabilitation appointments (receipts required)
- Overnight accommodations if required clinical appointments (receipts required)
- Out-of-pocket co-pays for transplant related medications not covered by insurance and durable medical equipment (receipts required)
- Some funeral expenses may be covered. The Bonnell Foundation decides on a case by case basis.
Expenses NOT Reimbursed:
- Lost wages of parents, family members, transplant applicant on appointment dates or post transplant.
- Cost of vehicle and vehicle maintenance/parts needed for clinical appointments.
Lung Transplant Recipients
Bob Wild from Royal Oak, Michigan was a lung transplant recipient for his second transplant. Sadly after four months fighting to live, Bob died from complications of cystic fibrosis. Our lung transplant grants are dedicated to his memory.
Jerome F. from West Virginia was our first lung transplant grant recipient. Thanks to a successful transplant Jerome is living life to the fullest.