The Molly and Emily Bonnell Medical Assistance Program
The Bonnell Foundation (BF) understands that not all costs to manage cystic fibrosis (CF) are covered by insurance companies. We understand the complications of this disease and the relentless physical and mental toll it takes on the whole body (and care givers). We know that CF patients require many diverse medical services to manage these challenges. The Bonnell Foundation wants to help cover some of these costs to lessen the financial burden impacting people with CF and their families.
Items considered for direct payment AND only when necessary for care and management of CF include:
- Durable medical equipment (DME)
- Counseling services
- Medical care (ED, urgent care/doctor visits)
- Ambulatory services
- CF medications
*The Bonnell Foundation does not reimburse an individual person directly.
***BF may consider payment for bill(s) not on the above list after a thorough review by the BF Board.
Note: Expenses NOT considered for payment include (are not limited to):
- Lost wages of parents/Family members/applicant, regular mortgage/rent payments, car payments, vehicle maintenance/parts, cell phone payments/plans, utilities, etc.
- Complete the official online application for Medical Assistance.
- Provide a letter (on hospital letterhead) from the CF patients care team (social worker/transplant coordinator) confirming CF diagnosis.
- Provide related bill(s) requesting direct payment (please note that we need to see the entire bill – so when adding your medical bills please make certain they’re vertical and complete.)
If approved, the BF will make payments directly to the institution(s) to pay for expenses that are not covered by insurance or any other program. Medical Assistance is limited to up to $500 twice per year, per family. Please have all documentation available when submitting your online application. Our goal is to complete and pay your bill(s) within two weeks.
The Bonnell Foundation is a nonprofit organization committed to raising funds to help persons with CF. The need is sometimes more than the resources held by the Bonnell Foundation. Unfortunately, we cannot award every recipient making a financial request. All requests are awarded on a case by case basis within the sole discretion of the board of directors. The Bonnell Foundation’s Medical Assistance application process has no exclusions as to race, ethnicity, gender, age, sexual orientation, or financial status.
We hope that we are able to help ease some of the financial burden that you and your loved ones are facing.
My name is Mike and I am a gentleman living with CF. I am not as young as I used to be and trying to age gracefully. As we all get older our needs change but especially for those of us living with CF. There are many more tests, medications and up keep that need to be done. With the Bonnell Foundation’s help I was not forced to have to cut back on any of these needs. Life is not always easy but with people like you and what you do for others – you make it easier. THANK YOU, TRULY, THANK YOU!